Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The First Class Of The New Semester

Boring, this is the only word I can describe the first class. The course is named Operating System, which I'm very eager to learn. However, all the signs of the class tell me I've expected it too much. The key factor is the teacher. Though in the university, self-study is rather important, a good teacher can surely guide you to help you study faster and more effectively. It seems no hope for me to gain much from him. His voice is really bad. He doesn't have a strong accent, nor does his volume. But he talks just as he has not only one throat. Imagine what that would be like. You can hear something but can not catch it let alone keep it in mind. If you record his voice, maybe it can be a good music for sleep(Stu, maybe you can try it, haha).

Well, no matter how bad it is, I'll go on learning in my way. Hopefully, the next two classes in the afternoon can give me surprise!

4 comments:

Diane J Standiford said...

College, a yawner too often, but it will get better.

Linda S. Socha said...

Wow Rabbit. I can relate to this. I remember attened a 7:30 am class with a man I thought knew a good deal gut who talked only in a monotone but I keep falling asleep!
Yikes!
Linda

Stu 陶明瀚 said...

If you want to learn about operating systems I would recommend that you learn about Linux. Being that the source code is mostly written in C and all open to be viewed. (Not to mention written very eloquently). There is a lot of documentation freely available across the net that describes the Linux kernel in detail.
Also BSD and OpenSolaris are excellent OS to study. Let me know if you would like some good documentation links.

FlyingRabbit said...

When there's nothing I can do to change the environment, I just change myself. Thank you Diane, Linda and stu.

I do want to learn the Linux kernel. But I can't learn it right now. I should finish making the web pages and manage all the tools dealing with it, such as dreamweaver, fireworks and flash. You're so kind to me stu, I think I'll ask you for help to learn Linux.