Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chapels In China

Though I'm not a Christian, I respect God. He saves my grandparents from despair, sorrow and loneliness. My grandpa died from cerebral thrombosis. When he was alive suffering the pain of illness, he couldn't talk or move. My grandma took care of him carefully. She had nothing to do but took care of him. One day, a group of people came to her house, brought god to her. From then on, she could read books, write characters and talk to people from the church. Everyday is substantial for her. I'm thankful for god, he does a really good thing for my grandma. It just remind me of the song When you believe...
There are many Christians in China, so are the chapels. I will show you some.

7 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Rabbit
These are wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this one.They are beautiful.
Linda

Oxi said...

These are quite beautiful.
Thank you for the insperation.

Linda S. Socha said...

Rabbit
It is me again! Do you take these marvelous photos you post? If not, where do you find them? I love them more the more I look at them!
Linda

Stu 陶明瀚 said...

Rabbit

This is really amazing to me because I was brought up to believe that in China all the Christians got sent off to the "camps" and that religion was not tolerated. I confess that I was very surprised to see these churches. It dispels my ignorance for sure, I can't wait to show these to a few relatives and friends. Thank you for posting these.
It seems to me that there is a general negativity to Christianity nowadays were I live, but it is still a very positive thing in my mind. With the daily news of bad things happening I feel that at the very least Christianity affords people hope.

FlyingRabbit said...

Those photos are not taken by me. But I have visited some of the chapels. I selected those photos from all kinds of web pages using all kinds of searching engines. If you like, I will collect some more pictures about Chinese chapel or sacred places for you.

FlyingRabbit said...

stu

We are free to choose whom to believe. The only exception is that if you're not a party member. So you may know the reason why I'm not a Christian.

Unknown said...

Hello,
I am impressed with the beautiful churches in China. I love photographing churches and try to do so in every city I visit. In rural Washington state there are many beautiful churches. I live in British Columbia now and do not see so many churches but still take photos of the ones I do see. Thank you for the beautiful photos of churches in China, whoever sent them.
Sandra (Rockaboomaiden)