Saturday, October 11, 2008

Summary of This Week

Hey, friends. I'd like to let you know what I was doing this week. First, I should say sorry for not updating my blog often as before. Please forgive me. Because it's already eleven when I go back dorm and the electricity will be out of supply after half past eleven since the season went into fall. And sometimes when I have thouhts to share with you, it's no time; while when I have time, I just have no thought to share. The key words of my feeling of this week are: rich and busy.
Things make me happy:
1. My oracle teacher said I was a wise man! Haha, it just made me happy for total 3 minutes. He's a really kind old man. What he surprised me a lot is his complicated background. He was born in Japan, grew up in America, got a master's degree in Canada, and now live in China teaching us Oracle and English! His parents are Norweqians. I wonder what's his nationality. He said he is Chinese, but I don't think so. Whatever, he is really funny and kind. I like him and his teaching style. He sang songs while typing commands and said I like oolong cha(a kind of tea in China) while drinking tea. I never feel tired learning from him.
2. I learnt how to program on Redhat using Shell on the OS class. It's a great experience programming on Linux. Although now I can only write some simple commands on it, I think it won't be a long time when I can understand the kernel of Linux with hardwork on it.
3. I chose archery as my physical course this semester. I'm herculean(I just learn this word from GRE course today) as I can full draw easily. I'm quite good at shooting. I got the highest score at the rifle competition during the millitary training at my first year in the university. So perhaps I can do well in archery. It's strang that an image of Cupid just thrilled through my mind. Is he good at archery? lol
4. Today I went to GRE course. The course is held by the most famous educational services in China called New Oriental. It cost me 1580yuan($200) but it worth the money as soon as I took the first class. It's probably the most brilliant teacher I've ever met. Today he taught us wrting, and tomorrow, there 'll be another teacher to teach us reading. I'm looking forward to another excellent speech.

It's only one week after the holiday, but we all busy with our works. I like the high pace. It's a great feeling that everyday you learn something and everyday you can surprise yourself by what you've learnt today. My buddy call me to have a game with him. I'll accept the invitation. After all, it's the first game this week, I have to relax myself a bit.

2 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Terence...
Your teacher is a wise man to see you in this way! I see it also! You do not have to be an old man to be wise!.. Although, anyone who loves oolong tea has to be wise I think.

Good for you! A good and productive week it seems. It is now the time to be able to relax. You have earned it I think?
I love that you are learning these things of which I know nothing...someday I may need to know what they are? Ah.. I love your love of learning....You are a good man Charlie Brown...(another of those american sayings!)

Linda

Charli Henley said...

Hey Rabbit. I am adore you.

You do seem wise to me, also. Your teacher sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

I love knowing about your days and weeks. Even when you are not posting, I am thinking about you and sending you good luck and happy dreams.

I am glad you're taking the GRE class! Do really good on the test and get on over here to Cambridge!