Monday, October 6, 2008

Action!

Today is special to me, because it seems that many things that can make me unhappy just happened all together. What's strange is that I can't figure out what upset me clearly. Let me just tell you about all these things.
This semester is really different from those of the first two years in the university. I've told you about it. The fee is three times higher, the schoolworks ask for more teamwork. It's wise to have good students as your team members, then your school work will be going smoothly. We have decided all of the members of our team before the national holiday and some of them are my good friends. However, when I came back to school, things changed. Some of them just went to other teams leaving their promises behind. I'm not happy about it, but I've nothing to say. If they want, let it be.
During the first two years of university, I did nothing but was digging a tomb of myself. Online games, absent from classes, being cold with people(I did not realize it until one day one my buddy told me I was always talking about world of warcraft and I seem to live in another world like a mummy. I knew I had been cold ).I hate online games, or rather, I hate myself. I'm a fool knowing that I'll feel regret for what I've done today but kept on playing the game. Now I do feel regret, totally. Now, I should pay for that. And today it's just the beginning. I'm ready mentally.
Two years of wasting time makes me not just gain less knowledge but the fewer experiences of working with students around me. I treated them coldly and they turned it back. I should not complain, that's what I deserve to.
So, it's a big deep tomb! See what I have done. Damn it. Is it too late to be a better man? I don't know. But whatever, I'll have a try. I've quited online games for half a year, and I think I'll never pick it up if I'm still a student. Just do it. I finally join a great team letting them know it's a big deal having me as a team member(haha).
Yes, I will never pick up on-line games. You see, I'm very happy writing this blog. I like share all of my thoughts with you, my friend. Once a buddy on AIM said to me that you're really like to interact with people. He's right. But do you know why. Because I've been too silent with people the first two years but I'm not a silent guy. So now, I really appreciate the interaction of our friendship with you. It's a far better feeling than that of world of warcraft.
These days I'm trying hard to apply for the lab of one of my professors. Though it's tough, I'll keep improving myself to meet the requirements of the position. The tasks of this semester are really challenging. I have to learn GIS (geography information system), Operating System, compile theory, Java and Oracle. What's more, English! I have to pass GRE and TOEFL in one year. Ohhhhhhhhh, now my blood is boiling. I like to take challenges. Forget the fucking tomb, no one can block my way to success! Rabbit, go ahead!

6 comments:

Alb said...

Yay! It's never too late for change. Good luck on everything!! :D

Charli Henley said...

Oh, Rabbit. I could weep for you. It is not too late. You've already changed. You inspire me. I too shall claw my way out of my tomb and be better. Thank you for being so honest.

Stu 陶明瀚 said...

Alb is right--it's never to late. I didn't get my head out of my arse (I hope that translates) until I grew up a little, I regret not completing college, but I have plans to go back. Only thing is now I have to work all day and go in the evening. Hang in there Rabbit!

Study Google map hacking and GIS will be more enjoyable. The API is free. Create a mashup or something. I can promise that the Operating System stuff will go easier the more you understand Linux. (IMHO) I don't know anything about Java, that's deep water there.

Anyway, they have an expression in English that goes something like this "opinions are like a**holes and they usually stink" (sorry if my vulgarity is offensive to anyone) If that doesn't make any since I can clarify it on Google Chat or something.

I have found that all night hacking is counter-productive, get a good night sleep and you can concentrate better. Even Linus Torvalds was a firm believer in getting rest and he wrote the Linux kernel.

Peace to you my friend.

Linda S. Socha said...

Rabbit...It is never too late I believe.
Thank you for your genuine and honest post...PLEASE out of the tomb! I need your bright spirit out here!

The post from Stu looks like good information (not that I know much about it) and remember to rest and take care of yourself in addition to the actions plans.
YOU go Rabbit!! We are here with you and we know you can do what you need to do.
Linda

FlyingRabbit said...

Many thanks to alb, charli, stu and linda and all the friends for your encouraging words and support. I not the person who can stay up late, so don't worry about that. I'll just take the advantage of every class in the day and make good use of every hour I sleep at night. I know what I should do to go to America. And with your support as always, my goal is clearer and clearer.
Thanks again. I love you all.

Linda S. Socha said...

Terence
You are such a love. I am so glad to see the messages you are sending Charli on the care pages. You are a good and true friend rabbit
Linda