Thursday, November 13, 2008

Reject and Receive

This noon, I took an appointment to have lunch with one of my christian friend. We didn't talk anything about God during the lunch but all the things we were up to last week. When we aparted, he gave a book to me whose article is GEGIN YOUR NEW LIFE.
It says that there is a normal relationship between God and the person, which should be definetely known by every christian. If you don't realize it definetly, it's impossible for you to experience the true happiness of your life. When you accept him as your father, he will enter your life.
I should say I sometimes invite him into my heart. I sometimes really need him and sometimes just forget him. I'm not good for I don't treat religion seriously enough. When I makes a mistake, I think of him begging for his mercy. When I feel sad, I let him see my tears. Whenever I'm dreaming, I hope God can hear my voice. And, I am not be frightened that easily when I think of him. I wonder whether it's because they don't believe God or anything that let themselves stand alone on the top of the floor then fell to the ground. It is often reported someone took suiside in the campus. They do this because they are sad and of no hope, which can't be seen from the face of every christian I know. That's what I should say thanks to God.
I'm so selfish for I only receive from God but I do nothing for him. I am supposed to spread his love to others, however, on the contrary, I'm developing new party members and tell them there is no God. Irony. I'm embarrassed about myself.
I can't sing Amazing grace like a pop song whenever I want to without thinking about the meaning of the lyric. I think God will punish me if I sing like that. Now whenever I want to sing it, I sing from the bottom of my heart. Oh, I don't forgot the promise about singing Silent Night on Christmas eve. Haha, I know that's a very old song, but I can't help singing it everytime I left the lab for my dorm on the cold dark midnight in Beijing.
I'm busy with my work, and perhaps with my heart.

8 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Ah Rabbit
I am so glad to call you my friend. I love your introspection and your honest willingness to discuss matters of the heart and spirit so openingly. It is sometimes hard for me to openly discuss the matters of the heart. Once a read a book where part of one of the quotes was ...what is essential is invisible to the eye..I believe that is true. Thank you for your thoughtful and feeling post. I appreciate you.

Linda

Stu 陶明瀚 said...

Something I have always done before Christmas every year here in the US is drive around the neighborhoods in the evenings and look at all the displays of lights that people put in there yards. It can be quite amazing. Some people are very artistic some are very garish. In some yards there are lights that look like icicles in some there are Santa Clause and his reindeer. It is a happy time of year. (It can also be a very depressing time of year for many people who feel left out of family life or are poor)

When I was young people called Carolers would knock on the door and when you would open the door a whole choir or people would be in your front yard singing silent night and other such songs. I don't know if the other readers here still see this but I haven't seen this for sometime now.

Anyway, as Christmas approaches I will try to get some pictures of these things. Is there anything similar in your home town or were you go to school? Maybe the new year is like this?

A friend of mine would say "don't worry about making mistakes, the last guy that was perfect was murdered" (referring to the execution of Jesus)

Thanks to Linda for her quote, that is very true.

Once again I find myself rambling on and on, so I must end this comment. I haven't learned the Chinese literary way of simplicity and implied meaning, so lacking that skill I must ramble to express myself. =]

Take care

Linda S. Socha said...

Stu
I like your expressions in posts and I appreciate them. I love the contrast between your style and that of my favorite Rabbit.
Linda

Charli Henley said...

Hi Rabbit!

You write with such beauty and strange grace. I am always touched by your posts.

I am worried for you sometimes... I have struggled with God too. It is a dilemma that can break a person apart. You have an additional burden by being a Party member.

I am always wondering what you will decide. But I think God is a gradual decision. One must wake slowly.

Good luck, Rabbit.

Linda S. Socha said...

Hey Rabbit
Where are you??
Linda

FlyingRabbit said...

I'm back! Sorry, Linda, and all the readers of my blog. I'm alway reading your blogs and appreciating your comments. Sorry for the disapearance these days.

Linda S. Socha said...

Welcome back!
Linda

Unknown said...

Charli said,
Dearest Micky
Please leave me alone.
I think you're insane.
I'll pray for you, though.
Love,
Charli


Micky said...
Jesus said to his disciples:
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’
will enter the Kingdom of heaven,
but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

“Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them
will be like a wise man who built his house on rock.

The rain fell, the floods came,
and the winds blew and buffeted the house.
But it did not collapse; it had been set solidly on rock.

And everyone who listens to these words of mine
but does not act on them
will be like a fool who built his house on sand.

The rain fell, the floods came,
and the winds blew and buffeted the house.
And it collapsed and was completely ruined.”
(Matthew 7:21, 24-27)