Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Never Took The Time

A bad experience with a stranger on the street, an unfavorable passion and a song "Never Took The Time" by Akon contribute to this shabby poem.

So many people
walking
on the crowded street
incuding
me
heading for shool
the destination
where I can
do nothing
inluding
walking
except
wandering

Sun
dizzy
wind
annoying
I was accelerating.

A woman blocked my way
A stranger
Not like a person seeking help
but making trouble.
An interrupter.

Retracting my sight
back to the ground
Never took the time
to stop
But I forgot to retract my ear
she
was chiding
behind my back

Ashamed
I couldn't help
taking the time
to be
ashamed.

I criticized
people were becoming cold with each other
This time I know
I'm not the exception.
Sad.
God.
I'm thinking of you,
again.

8 comments:

Stu 陶明瀚 said...

Your a fast learner (not that I am an authority on poetry) but it seemed to me that you can notice progression between your two poems. A deeper understanding, a feeling.

One of my favorite poets is Robert Frost, probably based on my love of the poem "The Road Not Taken" I'd be happy to put it in a blog post if your not familiar with it. That was the first time I remember being truly taken with a poem, well... I guess Tolkien was the first poet I loved, but some poems seem to speak to you differently at different times in your life, at least in my experience.

peace

FlyingRabbit said...

Thank you, Stu.
Well, the first English poem I read is Charli's, her works on blog. Then I read Linda's and Alex's. I'm imitating their poem format. I wonder whether I put the poems right. Again, please forgive me if I profane the beauty of English poem.

Alb said...

I thought the poem is pretty good. There are many different forms for poems, just as there are in Chinese I believe. So it doesn't matter too much what form you choose or imitate, only the content truly matters.

Happy Thanksgiving from the US!! :D

Linda S. Socha said...

Rabbit....I love your ability to feel deeply and now to express it in poetry
Hugs and thanks
Linda

Charli Henley said...

Hi Rabbit! Is this your first English poem? It is really beautiful - not shabby at all! You've got great rhythm here and some arresting vocabulary. It is a poem which has surprises. I like that. You keep amazing me!

Also, I am glad you had a good thanksgiving!

FlyingRabbit said...

All my true followers are almost all here. I'm so grateful! Thanks for your support on whatever I did on my blog.
Alb, yeah, I noticed it that there're many forms of poems just like those of China. I imitate the form of Chaili's. lol
Linda, I'm encouraged by your recent post about poems. You make me feel easy on the poem. I just give a try with your insperation.
Charli, you are always wrting poems. Every poems make me think something, sometimes even a dizzy. I like your poems and I should spare a certain time to absorb them. You are my poem teacher in osmosis.

Charli Henley said...

Thank you, Rabbit! You honor me. I am humbled by and before you.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.