Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This Morning

This is my first attemp to write an English poem, don't be polite to point it out if I profane the beauty of it.

This morning
After I got up
From bed
Got one short message
it's from Mama

What are you up to?
she asked.
Preparing for the exam this afternoon
I answered.
I realize
it's not a regular greating
at this moment
from Mama

There was another message
before this one.
My christian friends invite me
to the Thanksgiving party
tomorrow night.
I accepted it being thankful.
Just the same time
Mama asked me
What are you up to?
Exam?
Really?

Really,
but not totally.
Mama worry about me
for this blog
she is afraid that
I'm effected by thoughts
of foreign churches.
God
How does she know
could it just be that
she is Mama

I mentioned
the resignation
don't wanna
hide too many
and too much
in front of
Mama

Mama is Mama
she is always considering me
as a child
she cares
she fears
she doesn't want me
to lose myself
I do, Mama
and that's what I hide
from you.

Take care
Don't stay up late
Buy what you want to eat
I know it's
Mama's way of saying
Goodbye
Yeah
She always say goodbye
to me
in that way
Mama is
Mama

6 comments:

Alb said...

That's a nice poem, but a little sad, or so it seems to me. Was that the intent?

FlyingRabbit said...

Thank you, Alb. Yes, it's a little sad, but I didn't express the sadness on purpose, and it did, huh?

Linda S. Socha said...

Rabbit
I love that you have written an English Poem!! I like your poem and I can hear what your mama may not be saying. I can understand this thing that mothers do in sometimes worrying about their children. I know you know that every parent would protect their children. You are going through a transition and it is good that you know yourself as well as your mother. Thank you for sharing this
Linda

Diane J Standiford said...

Oh, I loved it. Very profound but simple---perfect.

All parents reach a point where they know their baby is "his own man," it is a good thing. Parents may feel a bit sad, but they get over it and have a new person to love.

FlyingRabbit said...

Linda,
Thanks for your kind words. Yes, they sometimes, no, my mom is always worrying aobut me. Thanks to my brother, he is the first person worthy of her worry.

Diane
I know my poem is far from profond, let alone perfect. But thank you for your kind encouragement. Mom's love sometimes is a source of strength, sometimes is a sweet burden. I hope she loves my dad more than us when brother and I fly away.

Unknown said...

Charli said,
Dearest Micky
Please leave me alone.
I think you're insane.
I'll pray for you, though.
Love,
Charli


Micky said...
Was your father insane?