Friday, August 29, 2008

Missing My Dog

Wake up, sadly, I dreamt of my dog again. She passed away nearly 4 years. A lovely one-year old dog. I have never dreamt such a sad dream. Here is the dream.

I played with my dog in the mountain. ( My hometown does have a lot of mountains, and this is the most normal scene where I can play with my dog afer her death.) All of a sudden, a huge polar bear ran at me. I was scared away while my dog jumped at the bear and bit its neck. But she is so small to face such a big monster. The bear smacked her heavily onto the ground with its big pawl. I stopped, and saw the bear snapping at her neck. It was bleeding. And my dog just looked at me without a blink. The bear disappeared, I ran to my dog, siezing her firmly with my arms and cried heavily for my cowardice.

My dog died at her second summer when I was grade one at high school. She was poisoned by the porridge mixed with rat poison outside my house when she sliped out of the door secretly . At that time, I was living in another house nearby my school which is a long distance away from my house by the sea where my dog lived. She lived with my parents. I went home once two weeks just to see her. when she was dying, my father is the only person who is with her. I was miles away. Father said she cried with mouth full of saliva when she was dying. He gave her a buria at sea... Two days after her death, just the day I would come back home to see her, Father told me her death. You know, what was my feeling at that time. I had nothing to do just cried. When I returned home, I looked for her everywhere, burbling her name, and collected her hairs from sofa to bed, all the evidence that proved we were together once. I put all her hairs into a iron box with the only two photos of her.

I miss her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really sad...I'm so sorry about your dog. Your English is very good though.

I am interested in China and Chinese. I'm taking Chinese at my school. This will be my second year taking the language, I love it. Maybe you could teach me a character or two? Haha.

Great blog by the way. I'm jealous that you were at the Olympics! I only had time to watch some of it on TV...

Charli Henley said...

Your writing is beautiful. Your vocabulary is wonderfully strange and summons up your dream so well.

I am sorry you miss your dog so much. Sometimes it takes an ache like that to remind us that we are still alive.

FlyingRabbit said...

Thanks for Acantilado and charli's encouragement. I think my dog never leave me truly for she lives in my heart. She often comes out to play with me in my dreams. I still can feel her hairy body and looke at her touching eyes.

FlyingRabbit said...

Acantilado, you want me to teach you some Chinese chatacter? OK, I'll write some articles about the Chinese Language especilly the modern phrases we often use in our daily life for you and other people who is interested in Chinese.