Monday, December 1, 2008

Just Look Further

Addiction is without doubt a bad thing, really bad, especially to online games. I haven't played that for totally half an year. I'm peaceful, until today, they say something new with the game, my blood burned. Damn!
I was thinking...maybe I could creat a new game ID, play it slowly and leisurely so that it won't damage my studies. Bullshit! You can make as many excuses as you can if you want something. Just look further, what you'll gain from it. You won't be satisfied with such a low process, you would say I should do everything as well as I can including game, then you go into it again. See, two inner voices, they are battling.

You say you won't regret

You say you won't regret playing the game
I know you are comforting yourself
or just pretending to be a strong man
after you did the wrong thing

You said you were green hand
maybe you said it truly
maybe you just want to receive more praise
Someone think you are modest
but I often suspect it

You are regretting now
afraid of innuendo to yourself
Just a poem, little to do with truth
See
you are comforting yourself,
again
you are a fool

12 comments:

Alb said...

I'm pretty good at controlling my gaming addictions. I haven't played any online games in a while, then again, I don't have anyone to play with. What game is that that you're addicted to now?

Best of luck with your studies.

Stu 陶明瀚 said...

my game addiction was civ4, and while its not a MMORPG I can relate to the feeling. I have not played for several months now but I have been itching to play, giving myself the same justifications. Fact of the matter, its a huge waste of time and it gets in the way of my educational pursuits. Reading this post has made me snap out of my delusions, thanks guys, I feel like I just went to AA

Linda S. Socha said...

I think this could be a guy thing! Love the poem
Linda

FlyingRabbit said...

World of warcraft is my favourite game. I don't pick it up. So I'm addicted to nothing now. I don't wanna act like a fool by being controled by Blizzard. It's really a waste of time to complain what they done on the game. I'm sick of that.
My blood burned last night. Passion is only for one moment. During that time, you'd better make the right choice. I was luck that I did.

Charli Henley said...

Oh, Rabbit! I don't think you are a fool.

But damn it.

You better get back to your schoolwork so you can get your ass to Cambridge!!

Hugs!

Charli Henley said...

Hey Rabbit! There is a crazy person (Micky) harassing a bunch of us bloggers... I urge you to enable comment moderation as soon as possible so he can't terrorize you! (Looks like he's already started!! He got me and Linda too - and a bunch of other people. )

I sent you a letter yesterday! Love you!

Writing on Board said...

I am reading you. Addiction?

Rhi said...

I was about to ask if it was World of Warcraft, but then I read your comment. I still can't believe how expensive it is. Since you're trying to not spend your time being a game addict, I'm assuming you haven't played Wrath of the Lich King yet?

Linda S. Socha said...

Hey Rabbit...Come and see me. I miss you!
Linda

Linda S. Socha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charli Henley said...

Hey Rabbit - I gave you an award on my blog! Go check it out and let us know how you're feelings! I have not posted a poem in FOREVER and I'm going to do it soon!

Also, I sent you a snail mail Christmas card today!

Hugs!

FlyingRabbit said...

Rchi, I know WLK. And I've tried that for 1 weeks. But now, all I have to do is to give it up and concentrate myself to the upcoming exams of the end of this semester.

Linda, I'm always thinking of you. I'll read your post right away. Thanks!

Alex, yeah, that's a horrible addiction. Haha, I'm learning to transform the addiction into booster. I like your poems.

Leon, thank you for the comment.